The EQUATOR Network is a new quality improvement initiative that seeks to enhance reliability of medical research literature by promoting transparent and accurate reporting of health research.
That goal will be achieved through:
- raising awareness of the crucial importance of good reporting of research
- becoming the recognised global centre providing resources and training relating to the reporting of health research and use of reporting guidelines
- assisting in the development, dissemination and implementation of reporting guidelines
- monitoring the status of the quality of reporting across health research literature
- conducting research relating to the quality of reporting
(Taken from Equator About page 18/11/08.)