- 2nd floor East to close as work starts on the South wing (the old Education Centre) - stock has been moved to the 7th Floor;
- Remainder of South wing to be emptied and closed;
- Relocation of PCs from these areas, including all computers and scanners from Miriam Hebron Centre and exhibition area, to new cluster in social learning zone (1st floor tower);
- This new cluster, including disabled access PCs, will mean the same IT provision is provided throughout the redevelopment;
- Rare books and other valuable items will move to Hull History Centre, where they will remain during the redevelopment. Anyone wishing to consult these items can make an appointment; information on how to do this can be found on the HHC website at http://www.hullhistorycentre.org.uk/;
- Other closed collections normally kept in the basement will be stored securely elsewhere on campus. The library catalogue location will appear as ‘ask at helpdesk’. A daily retrieval service will be available.
If you want to access the closed collections that have been moved out of the library, go to the Library Help Desk.
Contact Hull History Centre directly to access the rare books.