- Borrowing periods are 4 weeks (for most items) unless requested by another user
- If you request an item that it out of stock you should not have to wait as long for the item to be returned and made avaialble for you
- No fines if you return a book late that no one else has requested
- Fines on overdue requested items are charged at £2 per item per day - this is to encourage users to bring items back on time so that other users are not inconvenienced.
- Length of loan adjust automatically depending on thr circumstances of the borrower (e.g. full time or part time) and depending on demand - items with a long waiting list are issued for less time to ensure evberyone gets chance to use it.
To find out more about Flexible Loans visit the website: http://www.york.ac.uk/library/services/flexible-loans/