What’s going on?
· LLI staff have been hard at work moving stock which had already been tagged into the temporary HDC space on the first floor of the Library. More information and photographs about the High Demand Collection can be found on the library redevelopment web pages www.hull.ac.uk/lli/hdc.aspx
· Notices and signs are in place and the Library catalogue is updated daily to reflect the changes. Library staff will be pleased to assist users to find what they want.
· The demolition work in the south wing of the East Building, where the Reading Room which will house the HDC will be located, is almost finished. At the end of this week the main staircase will be completely removed as will the remaining concrete slab from the second floor.
· Follow the redevelopment on twitter @HullUni_Library #bjlredevelopment
When’s it happening?
· Library staff have moved stock into the HDC now and will continue to add to the collection as more stock is RFID tagged.
· Construction of the new Reading Room will start in early December.