BJL Redevelopment - Year end update
What’s going on?
• The BAM compound is now established with three storey high site offices and a security hut.
• BAM will be working over the Christmas break to erect additional hoardings to one of the side doors at the front of the Library ahead of work on the east basement.
• The demolition work in the south wing of the East Building, where the Reading Room which will house the HDC will be located, is finished. A civil engineering company is now working on the ground floor to prepare the area for the temporary book decant space. This is expected to be ready in March and we will then start moving books down from the tower. An announcement about this will be made nearer the time.
• There will be a number of additional book moves in January and February when work begins on construction of the new service risers in the tower block. Details will be announced in advance.
• Library staff have now put RFID tags in more than 45,000 books selected for the new High Demand Collection. The HDC has now been set up in its temporary location on the first floor.
• Follow us on twitter @HullUni_Library #bjlredevelopment
When’s it happening?
• Library staff have now moved stock to create the new HDC and will continue to add to the collection as more stock is RFID tagged.
• Construction of the new Reading Room and the temporary book decant space will start in early January.